ua

ua

Tuesday, March 26, 2019

Air : 10000 Hz Legend 2001



Air is a French music duo from Versailles, France, consisting of Nicolas Godin and Jean-Benoit Dunckel.



After making several remixes for other acts in the first half of the 1990s, Air recorded its first EP, Premiers Symptomes, in 1995. The band released its first album, Moon Safari, in 1998.


The first single, "Sexy Boy", was heavily played on alternative radio stations. The album received universal acclaim and became an international success.


In 2000, Air composed the score The Virgin Suicides to Sofia Coppola's debut film of the same name. In the 2000s, Dunckel & Godin released four studio albums, including 10 000 Hz Legend (2001), Talkie Walkie (2004), Pocket Symphony (2007) and Love 2 (2009).


10 000 Hz Legend is the second studio album by French music duo Air, released in France on 28 May 2001 by Virgin Records and in the United States on 29 May 2001 by Astralwerks. On this album, tracks are longer and more electronic-oriented than on their previous records.


These experimentations find the duo expanding their capacities and working with other artists including Beck and suGar Yoshinaga of Buffalo Daughter.


These experimentations find the duo expanding their capacities and working with other artists including Beck and suGar Yoshinaga of Buffalo Daughter.


10 000 Hz Legend received generally favorable reviews from critics. Most reviewers focused on the group's departure from the sound of 1998's Moon Safari, although the soundtrack album The Virgin Suicides (2000) had a similar mood and sound.


Q listed 10 000 Hz Legend as one of the 50 best albums of 2001.
(Q is a popular music magazine published monthly in the United Kingdom. It was founded in 1986 by the journalists and broadcasters Mark Ellen and David Hepworth, who were presenters of the BBC television music series Whistle Test.)

 
TRACKS


01.Electronic Performers    5:36
02.How Does It Make You Feel?    4:37
03.Radio #1    4:22
04.The Vagabond (lyrics by Beck Hansen)    5:37
05.Radian    7:37
06.Lucky and Unhappy    4:31
07.Sex Born Poison (lyrics by suGar Yoshinaga)    6:18
08.People in the City 4:57
09.Wonder Milky Bitch    5:50
10.Don't Be Light    6:18
11.Caramel Prisoner    4:58



Personnel
 



Justin Meldal-Johnsen – bass, vocals, drum sound
Roger Joseph Manning Jr – keyboards, vocals
Brian Reitzell – Drums, Drum Sounds
Beck – Harmonica & Vocals on "The Vagabond", Vocals on "Don't Be Light"
Buffalo Daughter – Vocals on "Sex Born Poison"
Jason Falkner – Vocals on "Radio #1"
Lisa Papineau, Julia Sarr, Ken Andrews, Elin Carlson, Barbara Cohen – Vocals
Corky Hale – Harp
Jean Croc – whistle



THE VAGABOND LYRICS


Golden waves
In all directions
I could lose my soul right here
Color lights
On the runway
Makes a stranger feel unchained
I'm running after time and I miss the sunshine
Summer days will come happiness will be mine


I'm lost in my words I don't know where I'm going
I do the best I can not to worry about things
I feel loose
I feel haggard
Don't know what I'm looking for
Something true
Something lovely
That will make me feel alive

I'm running after time and I miss the sunshine


Summer days will come happiness will be mine
I'm lost in my words I don't know where I'm going
I do the best I can not to worry about things
Like a vagabond through the distance
Looking for a song to sing
A song that lasts all night
And for the rest of our life's
I'm lost in my words I don't know where I'm going
...

 

Take it Flac HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment