ua

ua

Wednesday, October 07, 2009

Pop Tops : Mamy Blue 45 rpm 1971



Pop Tops were a vocal/instrumental band formed in 1967 in Madrid, Spain and consisting of Jose Lipiani, Alberto Vega, Ignacio Perez, Julian Luis Angulo, Enrique Gomez, Ray Gomez plus lead singer Phil Trim (born January 5, 1940, Trinidad and Tobago).

Their sound was a blend of baroque classical-styled pop with the soulful vocals of Trim. Major influences included Procol Harum and The Left Banke.

They are best known for their 1971 hit "Mammy Blue" , referring to a son's poignant song addressed to his departed mother about his childhood memories and life in general, sometimes spelled "Mommy Blue" or "Mammy Blue", or misspelled as "Mummy Blue", which was a Top 10 hit throughout much of Europe, Japan, and Canada (#42), and a minor Billboard Hot 100 chart hit in the United States as well.


Ισως μερικοί απο εσάς να γελάσετε με αυτή την ανάρτηση . Ομως , αυτή είναι η original version του Mamy Blue και όχι η γλυκανάλατη έκδοση που κυκλοφόρησε στην Ελλάδα την δεκαετία του '70 .
Οσο δε για τους στίχοι , δεν είναι καθόλου για πέταμα .
Αυτό που χρειάζεται είναι ανοιχτό μυαλό , χωρίς παρωπίδες !!!



Mamy Blue Lyrics



I may be your forgotten son
who wandered off at twenty one
it's sad to find myself at home
and you

oh ma.

If I could only hold your hand
and say I'm sorry yes I am
I'm sure you really understand
oh
Ma
where are you now.

Oh
Mamy
oh
Mamy - Mamy - blue
oh
Mamy - Blue

The house we shared upon the hill
seems lifeless but it's standing still
and memories of childhood days
fill my mind
oh Mamy
Mamy
Mamy.


I've seen enough of different lights
seen tired days and lonely nights
and now without you by my side
I'm lost
how can I survive.

Oh
Mamy...

Nobody who takes care of me
who loves me
who has time for me
the walls look silent at my face
oh
Ma
so dead is our place.

The sky is dark
the wind is rough
and now I know what I have lost
the house is not a home at all
I'm leaving
the future seems so small.


Size : 19 MB
Format : Vinyl 45 rpm Single
Label : Carrere Disques
Made in France
Distribution by Phillips
Bitrate : 320

MP3 Enjoy it HERE
Flac HERE

3 comments:

  1. Wrong link. Re-upload plz...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I cancelled the File Cloud link. The Zippyshare link is working very well

      Delete
  2. Thank you so much.
    Los Bravos (Black Is Black) and Los Pop Tops (Mamy Blue) were the two most successful groups outside of Spain. Here, as in the rest of the world, the 60s were a time of explosion of the so-called modern music.
    Greetings from Spain.

    ReplyDelete