ua

ua

Friday, April 05, 2013

Various : Babylon's Burning - The Rough'n'Ready Rise Of PUNK RAWK 1973-1978 CD3



 If one sees the PUNK Journey,spanning the decade 1973 - 83,as two distinct phases,then the first five years(stuck on its eyes)was when Punk had an "ideal",an attitude,that was reflected in and  refracted by a kind of viral cacophony that speared from Sydney to Brisbane,Cleveland to New York,Manchester to London - upward and downward,embracing all styles of edginess to the new Rock's rancid bosom.


Disc Three


1. X-Ray Spex – Oh Bondage Up Yours        
2. Wire – Lowdown

The time is too short
but never too long
to reach ahead,
to project the image,
which will in time become a concrete dream.
Another cigarette,
another day,
from A to be,



Drowning in the big swim,
rising to the surface
The smell of you
That's the lowdown


      
3. Wire – Feeling Called Love        
4. Wire – New York City        
5. Wire – After Midnight        
6. Wire – 12XU        
7. Wire – Mr Suit        
8. Wire – Glad All Over        
9. Buzzcocks – Orgasm Addict
      
10.Buzzcocks – What Do I Get?        
11.The Adverts – One Chord Wonders        
12.The Adverts – Gary Gilmore's Eyes        
13.The Damned – Stretcher Case Baby

    
14.Slits, The – New Town        
15.The Only Ones – Peter & The Pets    




    
16.The Only Ones – Another Girl, Another Planet        
17.X-Ray Spex – Day The World Turned Day-Glo        
18.X-Ray Spex – Obsessed With You        
19.X-Ray Spex – Identity

 When you look in the mirror
Do you see yourself
Do you see yourself
On the t.v. screen
Do you see yourself in the magazine
When you see yourself
Does it make you scream

     
20.X-Ray Spex – Let's Submerge        
21.Alternative TV – How Much Longer?        
22.Alternative TV – Love Lies Limp



I never want to find out
who the girls have been screwing
I never wanna know
who the guys have been doing

It's a mess up
It's a fuck up
Cause fucking anybody always fizzes me out rather a lot

I never care
what position I lie in
I'm never bothered
to keep a nymph trying

It's a muck up
It's a screw up
Cause screwing anybody always locks me up rather a lot

I never care
who I go to bed with
Male or female
there's never any, never any, never any incentive

It's a bother
It's a cock up
Cause cocking anybody always bothers me rotten

Cause my love lies limp (limp, limp, limp)
Cause my love lies limp (don't touch me)
Cause my love lies limp (keep away, don't touch me)

       
23.Penetration – Don't Dictate        
24.Rezillos – Can't Stand My Baby        
25.Rezillos – (My Baby Does) Good Sculptures        
26.Avengers – We Are The One

we are the leaders of tomorrow
we are the one to have the fun
we want control we want the power
not gonna stop until it comes

we are not Jesus Christ
we are not fascist pigs
we are not capitalist industrialists
we are not communists
we are the one

     
27.The Weirdos – (We've Got) The Neutron Bomb

We got the neutron, gonna drop it all over the place
Yer gonna get it on yer face
Foreign aid from the land of the free
But don't blame me
We got the neutron bomb,

We don't want you we want your machines
United Nations and NATO won't do
It's just the red, white and blue
We got the neutron bomb,

Survivial of the fittest is the way it's gonna be
We don't want it, we don't want it,
Don't blame me
We don't want it, we don't want it,
Don't blame me

We got the neutron bomb

FLAC Part 1            FLAC PART 2


No comments:

Post a Comment