ua

ua

Tuesday, April 07, 2009

Mazzy Star : So Tonight That I Might See 1993


Mazzy Star is an American alternative rock band formed in Santa Monica in 1989 from the group Opal , a collaboration of guitarist David Roback ( Leader of " THE RAIN PARADE " and " OPAL " ) and bassist Kendra Smith ( DREAM SYNDICATE ) . Smith's friend Hope Sandoval became the group's vocalist when Smith left the band.

Mazzy Star was the DARK side of the new Psychedelic Rock of the 80's

TRACKS


1. "Fade into You" – 4:55
2. "Bells Ring" – 4:32
3. "Mary Of Silence" – 6:02
4. "Five String Serenade" – 4:24
5. "Blue Light" – 5:10
6. "She's My Baby" – 4:25
7. "Unreflected" – 3:42
8. "Wasted" – 5:31
9. "Into Dust" – 5:36
10. "So Tonight That I Might See" – 7:19



INTO DUST

Still falling
Breathless and on again
Inside today
Inside me today

Around broken in two
Til your eyes share into dust
Like two strangers turning into dust
Til my hand shook with the weight of fear

I could possibly be fading
Or have something more to gain
I could feel myself growing colder
I could feel myself under your fate
Under your fate

It was you, breathless and torn
I could feel my eyes turning into dust
Into strangers, turning into dust
Turning into dust
Turning into dust

BLUE  LIGHT



There's a blue light
In my best friend's room
There's a blue light
In his eye

There's a blue light, yeah



I want to see it
Shine

There's a ship
That sails by my window
There's a ship that sails on by

There's a world under it
I think I see it
Sailing away


I think it's sailing
Miles crashing me by
Crashing me by
Crashing me by

There's a world
Outside my doorstep
Flames over
Everyone's hot
Don't you see them shining
I want to hear them
Beating for me
I think I hear them



Waves crashing me by
Crashing me by
Crashing me by

Size 292 MB
Label : Capitol Records
Format : CD

10 comments:

  1. Thank you kind soul

    ReplyDelete
  2. The link for the flac version has the Among my Swan instead of the So Tonight. I would appreciate it if you could fix that. Thanks for the great music

    ReplyDelete
  3. Link is to Among My Swan, not So Tonight I Might See.
    Any chance for a fix?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mazzy Star: So Tonight I Might See Link is OK now. Thank You.

      Delete
  4. Thank you! Love Hope, David (R.I.P.), Opal, Dream Syndicate, Rain Parade, & most all the Paisley Underground scene. If you don't have this gem, it's a rare beauty (analogous to This Mortal Coil's covers album) Rainy Day <---- ( http://monstertrax.blogspot.com/search/label/Rainy%20Day )

    Thanks again for your excellent blog!!
    Cheers,
    Suboxer

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many Thanx for your comment my friend. Yes I have The Rainy Day album. I love The Paisley Underground Scene.

      Delete