ua

ua

Friday, December 31, 2021

Kelly Kantanoleon

 


This is a very close friend of mine, her name is Kelly Kntanoleon and she is a painting artist.


Kelly Kantanoleon was born in Athens - Greece, on the 22nd of December 1973. She finished Athens College which is a privet school in Athens, in 1992.


While she was still in high school, her art teacher suggested she should follow the Fine Art studies after she graduates from school, in order to become a painter.


In 1994 Kelly was accepted by Coventry University Of Fine Arts in England ( UK ). She graduates in 1998 from Coventry University, getting the title BA (HONS) FINE ARTS.


She returns to Greece, Athens, the following years (1999/2000) and continues her career as a fine artist ( painter ) up until today.


She participates in several exhibitions both in one woman shows and group exhibitions, in England and in Greece.


She is a member of the Hellenic  Fine Arts Chamber ( Ε.Ε.Τ.Ε.)

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

[Sometimes I wish you could hear the whispers of my aching heart and the sounds of my weeping soul. I wish you could hear my silent tears when sorrow takes me inside her. In her glass world ... There you are. Nowhere. I am lost in the deepest doomed forest, starting an endless journey to my future, to my past and back again into this personal labyrinth of mine that breaks me into smaller pieces, as i am trying to find the exodus, but failing all the time, i disappear to nowhere where my steps become heavier and heavier than any marble of all the ancient monuments. All around Earth. All around Heaven. I am only left on the cold floors, there, curved and alone, like the fetus in the wet womb of the mother waiting to be rejected. Once again..Oh Mother Earth !


Here i am losing myself into a piece of blue and orange of the dusking sky that breaks my silence and throws me into the black hole of Hades. All the summer nights have gone now and all the memories are lost, as i went astray once and my dream has turned into a nightmare heading towards an eternity that will follow me like a demon for ever, just like Medea who murdered her children. Tormenting my soul now and watching me shedding tears of regrets. Holding her leather whip. Her weapon...I am nothing, but a feared soul begging for love. For mercy..
You see once i was an angel, but now i am a cold and very dark soul full of sins. I am locked into the dungeon, the full of nails, getting into my skin and i am bleeding on wet floors, kneeling naked. Punished is my soul, and my body, freezing cold and used. Left alone for ever. Chaos, Emptiness.. Nothing...is all i can expect from now on...
"If i ever see the Sun rising again i will stay still and silent. Perhaps He will pity me..If this summer comes i will try and pray harder to save my soul" she whispered and broke into tears...
Kelly]

12 comments:

  1. Beautiful and appealing pictures.
    I like it.
    It's good that you draw attention to artists who also deserve this name in your blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comment Josef. I will post many more paintings from Kelly.

      Delete
    2. Those with colours are particularly beautiful. Dusty Springfield, Nina Hagen and too Charly Chaplin. The pichture "pain" is mystery.
      Yes, please bring more of the pictures !

      Delete
  2. Thank you for the pictures, they are beautiful!
    Happy New Year to you!!!
    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you very much for posting my art on this amazing blog of yours my dear friend Kosta. I also want to thank Josef for his kind comments _Kelly Kantanoleon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, i take the opportunity to ask you a question or two:
      At first to the mysterious picture "PAIN". If i see it correctly it is a heart and a blond woman's head from behind. Woman and pain that is already clear! But the other motifs that is a mystery to me. Maybe you can add a few explanatory words to it ?
      In the picture with the man with the short mustache i meant Charlie Chaplin to recoguize. I'm no longer sure if that is also true ?
      I wish you all the best for the NEW YEAR, lots of fun but also success with your pictures !

      Delete
    2. First of all i want to thank you for your comments and your kind words you wrote about my artwork. The 'Pain ' one is let's put it a personal journey throughout this life. It s more reffered to the emotional condition of how i feel sometimes during this jurney that we call life on earth. It s more of an allegory of course hence the symbols that probably make it more surrealistic. I use the body in a way that represents the soul and the spirit more than the actual materialistic world that we live in. Life to me is a journey through time and space . There, while living it we experiance many things. Surtain circomstances make us either survivors or failures. I would prefer to choose to be a survivor than a fallen angel. No matter the pain someone can go through, i don t forget that we are all made out of stardust and full of light, although there is a dark side inside us that can mislead us at any time, i believe that if we can focus on our purpose we never lose our glow and the warmth wich has been given to us as a protection of our aura from a Creator. Energy is always alive and there is no death unless we chose to believe and lose ourself in this illusion, of what we call death. Otherwise, we always travel for ever and ever no matter how much pain we see around us that might affect us in certain ways. There are joyful moments in life but there is no such thing as " Life is journey full of happiness " I belive that life is eternal. You carry your burdon and with the good and joyful times you might have experianced, as weapons, you carry on travelling throughout time and space until our soul and spirit ease after our life on earth. We travel across eternity or we come back maybe to finish the unfinished business ..maybe. Some souls are old, some are younger. The point is not to forget the painful moments though. Because pain is a warning that something is wrong and gives you the opportunity to try and fix it. Pain is also an emotion just like anger or happiness are. We respect all our emotions and take care of ourselves, so we can love ourselves in the end in order to be able to start respecting life and the others a bit more. Pain shows compassion and brings comfort if we use it the right way.
      To your other question, yes this is our good good old friend Charlie.
      Finally i would like to thank you once more for your comments about my artwork. I wish you a happy new year my friend. Kelly K.

      Delete
    3. My dear friend, i thank you for the detailed presentation not only of the allegorical picture but also your conception and understanding what life means for you. You presended a whole philosophy here, a lot of belief and speculation or as one says in philosophy, methaphysis.
      I can't possible go into the individual point, that would be endless.Only that much:
      I like the thought that the life is a journey. But you don't need to be afraid that you will forget the pain. He is one constant lifelong compansion until the end.
      I wish you that you paint a lot more beautiful pictures and that our friend Kostas present many more in his blog!

      Delete
  4. Very nice art. Your friend is very talented

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very, very beautiful work. Happy 2022. Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is indeed an excellent work. A huge emotional evolution full of empathy and stardust! Including glitter.

    Wish you all the best,
    Adeil

    ReplyDelete