ua

ua

Tuesday, December 01, 2009

Gregry Isaacs : The Lonely Lover 1978



Toot, Lonely Lover or simply Cool Ruler are just some of the nick names of the rude boy of reggae. Born in Fletchers land Kingston Jamaica on the 15th July 1950, Gregory Anthony Isaacs was the first son of Lester Isaacs and Enid Murrary.


GREGRY ISAACS LIVE IN ATHENS
DECEMBER 5 th 2009
ΚENTΡΟ ΠΟΛΙΤΙΣΜΟΥ : ΕΛΛΗΝΙΚΟΣ ΚΟΣΜΟΣ
ΚΤΗΡΙΟ 56
ΠΕΙΡΑΙΩΣ 254 , ΤΑΥΡΟΣ

Gregory started out as an electrician and cabinet maker. His career in music remained his ambition. He was inspired by singers such as Sam Cooke, Percy Sledge, Delroy Wilson, Alton Ellis and Ken Boothe. Gregory began his recording career in the late sixties with "Another Heartache" for singer/producer Winston Sinclair. Although the record was not successful he was not discouraged and in 1969 he formed a group called The Concords with Penro Bramwell. They recorded a few 45s "Buttoo", "I Need Your Loving" and "Don't Let Me Suffer" for producer Rupie Edwards. Success did not follow so Gregory Isaacs decided to move on his career as a solo artist. He went on to record for Prince Buster entitled "Dancing Floor". Still not content he decided to start his own label, assisted by his friend Errol Dunkley, around 1973 and that was the beginning of the legendary African Museum record label, until this day producing classics. in 1974 Gregory recorded "Love Is Overdue" for Alvin "GG" Ranglin at Duke Reid's Treasure Isle Studio which was a major success. In 1975 he sold over 42,000 copies of the album "In Person". Gregory continued to record for a number of producers as well as maintaining his own African Museum label. He produced Mr. Isaacs in 1976-77 and "Extra Classic" in 1977.


More Informations

http://urbanaspirines.blogspot.com/search/label/Gregory%20Isaacs



Tracks

1. Happy anniversary
2. Gi me
3. Tribute to Wa De
4. Poor and clean
5. Poor Natty
6. I am sorry
7. A feW Words
8. Protection
9. Hard time
10. Tune in

Bonus tracks

11. Native woman
12. Worries and problem
13. Jah will work
14. Uncle Joe
15. Boom shot
16. One more time

POOR AND CLEAN

So many years I' ve been slaving in your factory
Never had a chance to talk with the Boss
Yeah .

And for so long I' ve been living in this community
When no one you might think yet I've payed the cost
No one you might think, no , I've payed the cost .

But I would rather to live Poor and Clean
than to live rich in corroption .

I sad that I' ve got to live clean
I said I wanna be clean
can' t you see what I mean .

wanna be strong all day long
I would rather to live Poor and Clean
than rich in corroption .

I wanna be clean
can' t you see what I mean .



Size 130 MB
Bitrate 320


HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment