ua

ua

Saturday, May 16, 2009

Strangelove : Time For The Rest Of Your Life 1994


Strangelove were an English alternative rock band , formed in Bristol in 1991 .
The band released their first EP " Visionary " in 1992 on Sermon Records .
Their second EP , " Hysteria Unknown " , in 1993 earned them a support slot on Radiohead's Pop is Dead tour .
Strangelove released their first album , " Time For The Rest Of Your Life " to critical acclaim in August 1994 on Food Records .

Albums

Time for the Rest of Your Life (1994) Food/Parlophone
Love & Other Demons (1996) Food/Parlophone
Strangelove (1997) Food/Parlophone
One Up: The B-Sides (2008, iTunes only) EMI


Tracks


1 Sixer 6:03
2 Time for the Rest of Your Life 4:44
3 Quiet Day 5:55
4 Sand 3:17
5 I Will Burn 5:58
6 Low Life 4:39
7 World Outside 4:07
8 The Return Of The Real Me 3:04
9 All Because Of You 3:24
10 Fire ( Show Me Light ) 6:57
11 Hopeful 2:54
12 Kite 3:46
13 Is there a place ? 10:54



FIRE ( SHOW ME LIGHT )

What am I
Surely not this awkward frame
that carries me round
Not part of emptiness that's still to be found

I want to know

Thoughts rain down
World spins round
Upside down
As my confusion grows

Who are you
You look the same but you are different again
With all your questioning that makes me insane
I need to know

Thoughts won't clear
Caught down here
End seems near
As my vagueness grows
I need to know

Give me the direction of a river that flows
Cutting through the land of misconception I've known
Clarify the meaning that I once saw in the sky
Show me light

Clap the dance that circles through
All the thoughts I ever knew
A step for me a step for you

Truth

Smoke shall twist beyond my trying eyes
Through a fire rest my place inside
Pondering the night with shapes
Rhyme

What am I
Just another dreamer with sun in his eyes
Another pointless being who was trapped in time
Show me light

Who are you
You hide yourselves away the same as I
We carry on this game of shameful lies
Shown as night

Thoughts won't clear
Caught down here
End seems near
I need more, I need more

Give me the directon of a falling star
It shoots away the permanence
I've known so far
Clarify the meaning of the words up in the sky

Show me light


Size 116 MB
Format : Vinyl LP
Label : Food / Parlophone Records
Distributed by EMI
Made in England

3 comments:

  1. mpravo mpravo! to epsaxna poly kairo! btw eksairetiko to blog! keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ goo : και συ κάνεις καταπληκτική δουλειά, σε ευχαριστούμε πολύ για τα καλά σου λόγια. Καλή συνέχεια και σε σένα.

    ReplyDelete